speaks to the heart of the issue. What would happen if people just took me for myself?
1) I could use a power tool without threatening anyone's masculinity.
2) I could want to learn to preach and people would celebrate rather than ruminate.
3) I could speak out in a group of guys without being labeled a "pushy female."
4) I could speak my mind without women telling me I was not a normal woman.
5) I could fairly earn my way rather than being granted a conciliatory "female" slot.
6) No one would remind me that "Eve made Adam sin." Is my name Eve?
7) My husband wouldn't feel beat up by others because he's introverted and I'm extroverted.
8) When I know how to do something, someone might actually listen. Strangely enough, if it involves childrearing or household stuff, they do listen.
9) The best is last of course:
Did you know that the reason I love the things I do, and act the way I do? It's all in rebellion to my bad father. If I had a normal childhood, I'd be a normal woman.
Do you have any idea how often I've been told that? The message is twofold 1) you're in rebellion and your real nature is different 2) God makes every woman the same
Like Julie said
, how different is it from racism? All you see is the outside and from that you "know" what's inside.