Sunday, April 20, 2008

More musing...

This morning (oh so long ago after a preschool b-day party) at church, Mike asked how we have changed since the church plant began several years ago. I answered "permission" I feel like I have found permission to be who I am. The pieces that are slowly awakening again include: my martial arts, my creativity and art, my drive to do fun/odd things.

THus far, creativity is winning out the most - with The Embellished Life continuing onwards, it's given me an outlet for the ideas that are constantly rumbling forth. Current project as a case in point, I'm learning how to make jewelery. No not string some beads. Realllly, design in wax, make molds and pour molten metal **very carefully** How cool is that?? or really, how HOT!

Can I have permission to value the call to fight? Is non-violence the only answer? Does God call some of us to kick butt? Does aggression play into Satan's hand? Hmm...I think I need to chew on this one....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger gerbmom said...

How'd the party go??
As for a reply to your reply on my blog - obviously it's not working well. Or I'd not be struggling with the boundaries question!
Wanna talk sometime?

7:40 AM  
Blogger Charlotte Wyncoop said...

Always! You tell me when...

The party was great - apparently one of the girls was so impressed with markers-on-sheets animal moms and landscapes that when she went to her next party that's all she could talk about...

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home