Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kicking butt musings...

So, instead of a good KIYAAA! to a body part, do I fight with words? Have I graduated from preschool..."Corwin stop hitting your sister!"..."But she said..."..."Don't care what she said, you need to say not hit!" To elementary? Snide remarks, disparaging comments, rants when the world is not as it should be...Blame you, blame whomever, don't blame me....

I'm school bus driving at the moment - a job that introduces you to new levels of human (using that loosely) interaction. Lately I've been blessed with a monitor - an extra adult to sit in back and make sure there are no permanent injuries. You think I'm joking - 4th to 6th grade is rough. We compared notes today on what was causing our problems in the back and it was an eye opening revelation.

The kids I thought were okay? Not. The not so great kids - well, at least I was acurate there.

The rest? let's just say: phase of the moon, alignment of the planets, etc.

But in the conversation, I had to ask myself, am I any different? When I complain, wail and rant about how it doesn't get better... Really? When will I grow up...

2 Comments:

Blogger gerbmom said...

please tell me that wasn't a response to my rant.....

10:28 AM  
Blogger Charlotte Wyncoop said...

Nope - entirely provoked by the bus ride...

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home